Kalama's (Port of) Waterfront Improvements:
The Port of Kalama is planning improvements to the waterfront near the Totem Poles and the park there. The building that once housed the "Pyramid Brewery" and most recently, my current employer "Absolute Decorative Concrete" will be converted into an Interpretive Center. I think that's wonderful, and I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that they will get fun and creative blending the Hawaiian aspect, with the Native American Aspect, and the train/logging past into a awesome Vintage themed recreational area. I believe making your environment enjoyable, and am no stickler for "Historically accurate"; what I really hope to see is fun, "Historically inspired", and I love the thought of combining Tiki statues and Totem Poles with a old Western Seaport (fantasy) look. Like the wild little island in "Pirates of the Carribean", but tailored with our own icons. I wish we could buy the Minnetonka
http://museumoftherockies.org/photoarc/nixon/nixon-loco/npl-1.html and bring it back to put right in the middle of it all, but I understand the museum that has it now loves it and wouldn't part with it even if we did have the money! Perhaps my friend Mark will post a more recent picture of it and the Tacoma!
Anyway, does anyone have any photos or drawings they think would promote the look I'm describing above? I'd like to see! Thank you!
http://www.cityofkalama.com/history.htm
The Port of Kalama is planning improvements to the waterfront near the Totem Poles and the park there. The building that once housed the "Pyramid Brewery" and most recently, my current employer "Absolute Decorative Concrete" will be converted into an Interpretive Center. I think that's wonderful, and I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that they will get fun and creative blending the Hawaiian aspect, with the Native American Aspect, and the train/logging past into a awesome Vintage themed recreational area. I believe making your environment enjoyable, and am no stickler for "Historically accurate"; what I really hope to see is fun, "Historically inspired", and I love the thought of combining Tiki statues and Totem Poles with a old Western Seaport (fantasy) look. Like the wild little island in "Pirates of the Carribean", but tailored with our own icons. I wish we could buy the Minnetonka
http://museumoftherockies.org/photoarc/nixon/nixon-loco/npl-1.html and bring it back to put right in the middle of it all, but I understand the museum that has it now loves it and wouldn't part with it even if we did have the money! Perhaps my friend Mark will post a more recent picture of it and the Tacoma!
Anyway, does anyone have any photos or drawings they think would promote the look I'm describing above? I'd like to see! Thank you!
http://www.cityofkalama.com/history.htm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home